We often have kittens available, but you'll need to visit us to see them.
What you need to know about kittens for adoption
- We don't let kittens go to new homes until they are at least 9 weeks old.
- Kittens are not suitable for homes with very young children, who may injure the kitten unintentionally (for example, by falling onto it).
- Kittens are almost always adopted from us in pairs. We RARELY home kittens on their own. Kittens prefer a playmate and would be distressed if they were taken away from their littermates and their mum at such a young age. You wouldn't do it to a toddler - and we won't do it to them!
Donations to adopt kittens
To adopt kittens you have to make a donation of £130 per kitten - special breeds and colours may be more. This is extremely good value, because your donation includes:
- Neutering, at 6 months old (typical cost at a vet would be £60+)
- Microchipping at 12 weeks old (about £25 at a vet)
- Veterinary check at 9 weeks by our vet in North Weald (on first vaccination)
- Vaccinations at 9 & 12 weeks (Vet value £40/£45)
- 4 weeks free Pet Plan insurance!
A pet shop kitten can sell at £150, on top of which you have to add these essential Vet services. So it makes financial sense to adopt from us.
More importantly, though, our kittens are usually in much better condition, physically and psychologically: we've provided excellent care, monitored their progress and only allow them to go to a new home when they're healthy, eating solids, and litter trained.